Encore Club Members help Ensure WTMD’s financial future and reduce the need for on-air fundraising.
By making a sustaining monthly contribution, debited from your bank account or charged to a credit card, without expiration, WTMD is is able to put more of your dollars toward the music you love. Encore Club members help us reduce printing costs, and allow us to better project our monthly fund raising income, and that allows us to more securely manage the station’s finances. Plus, the more Encore Club members we have, the more days we can cut from on-air fund raising!
You’ll never receive another renewal notice and that will save the station thousands of dollars in postage and paper. Plus, each Fall, you’ll receive a yearly thank you gift so you can mark another year of supporting WTMD and the Baltimore music community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will I have to renew my gift every year?
- No. Your gift will renew automatically. You can contact us when you know your card is about to expire, so we can update it and keep your payments continuing, uninterrupted – just call 410-704-8938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What method of payment may I use?
- You can pay by credit, debit or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). EFT is a direct debit from your checking or savings account. EFT’s have a lower processing fee and do not decline nearly as often as credit cards (and you don’t have to update your card’s expiration date!). We encourage EFT for those reasons but are happy to take whatever payment method works best for you!
What about thank you gifts?
- When you join the Encore Club you may choose a thank you gift at your appropriate giving level. Then each Fall, we will mail you our current New Music Sampler as a Thank You for your monthly contributions throughout the year. If you would like your entire contribution to support WTMD’s programming, simply select “No Gift Please.”
Can I make extra donations?
- Absolutely! WTMD always welcomes as much support as you are able to contribute, and we greatly value any additional gift you are inspired to make. Additional gifts to support specific projects list our Live CD series, First Thursdays and other special coverage are most welcome. Sometimes we’ll have new thank you gifts available or concert tickets during our fund drives that you may want to make an additional gift to receive.
What if I would like to change the amount of my monthly contribution?
- You are in complete control of your giving, and you are welcome to increase, decrease or stop your monthly donations at any time. Contact us at 410-704-8938 or email email@example.com to make any changes to your plan.
How can I update my credit card or account number or stop payment all together?
- No problem! But please call the Membership Department and speak to someone directly. Do not leave credit card numbers on voice mail or through email. If you notice any discrepancies on your statement, call us immediately. We’ll work with you to correct the problem.
How long will it take for my contributions to begin?
- Monthly installments are processed on the fifth of the month or the next business day. Your first contribution will start at the beginning of the month after we receive your sustainer information.
What do I use for tax purposes?
- Towson University Public Media will send you a letter every January stating your total giving from the previous year that will serve as your tax receipt.
You say I’ll never get a renewal notice again…will I receive any notices by mail?
- Your monthly contribution take you out of our traditional “Renewal Cycle” so you will not receive any renewal notices. You will receive a couple of letters each year asking for additional gifts during our major periods of fund raising and upgrade asks.
Thank you for considering the Encore Club. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call membership at 410-704-8938. If you’re ready to go, make your monthly gift here. And thank you for your support!