Towson University Public Media / 89.7 WTMD, Baltimore, an NPR member station and service of Towson University is seeking an experienced, highly organized and creative problem solver to serve as our Membership Coordinator.
We’re looking for someone who knows and loves public radio and will further WTMD’s mission of being the most trusted source of music in Baltimore and the surrounding region, through excellent fund raising and marketing skills.
Towson University Public Media/89.7 WTMD offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits; a talented and fun group of station colleagues; a large, enthusiastic audience, and a supportive, inclusive and engaging environment to work in.
The Membership Coordinator (MC) supports the Director of Membership to ensure WTMD is maximizing its membership revenue stream, providing the highest quality of customer service and using innovative and creative ways to market the station. The MC manages the WTMD volunteer program and helps run annual fund drives. The MC also helps market and execute all WTMD events including our First Thursday Festival series.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for donor needs and concerns.
- Assist Director of Membership in management of sustaining membership program.
- Enter membership data including pledges into WTMD’s database.
- Maintain membership database and integrity of donor data.
- Monitor WTMD email and voicemail inboxes.
- Work with Director of Finance on revenue reconciliation.
- Work directly with WTMD’s Director of Membership in running fund drives: prepare pledge room, pre-fund drive logistics and on-air fund raising.
- Manage WTMD Volunteer program.
- Assist with WTMD’s marketing efforts including direct mail, digital marketing, social media coordination, and help to identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Maintain and manage thank you gift program.
- Assist with strategic planning, high-profile development campaigns and grant program.
- Help plan, market and execute WTMD events on and off-site. Run engagement tents at on and off-site events.
- On-site help running First Thursday Festival series.
- Contributes to the overall success of WTMD by performing all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION: The Membership Coordinator is supervised by the Director of Membership and may supervise interns and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a nonprofit, marketing or public media setting.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated skills in creative fundraising and marketing with proven success in meeting measureable goals.
- Experience in digital marketing.
- Ability to participate in events frequently, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with a goal-oriented work ethic.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency working with common Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, file sharing), email marketing platforms, Adobe products and familiarity CRM and database management systems.
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for public radio and non-profit business is a plus.
Please click here to apply. Deadline is January 8, 2021. Be prepared to upload cover letter and resume.