May 3: Belly, Low Cut Connie, Loma, The Nighthawks, Tom Principato Band, Ursula Ricks Project
June 7: Family of The Year, Typhoon, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Danielia Cotton, Natalie Prass, and Lauren Ruth Ward
July 5: Lake Street Dive, The Suffers, Andy Bopp, Van William, The Mother Hips, and Soul Island Rebels
Aug. 2: Bettye LaVette, Erika Wennerstrom, Lo-Moon, The Family Crest, Legendary Shack Shakers, Dave Hause
Sept. 6: Tune Yards, Fantastic Negrito, Jackie Greene, Wild Child, Danielle Nicole, Paul Cebar
WTMD’s First Thursdays
are made possible in part by
The park opens at 5:00pm and the music runs from 5:30pm to 10:30pm.
That’s incorrect. Our long-time partner The Brewers Art will be selling beer, wine and cider during the shows. They will have five locations in the park so the lines will be short and move fast.
No coolers, outside alcohol, or glass containers are permitted.
- 83 South to President Street
- East on Fleet Street
- Bear Right onto Boston Street
- Exit 57 to Boston Street west
The Water Taxi runs to 11 pm during First Thursday seasons.
The latest bus schedules along with any updates can also be found on MTA’s website through the following link:
We will have plenty of food vendors at each event, including:
- Pizza di Joey
- BricknFire Pizza
- Blue Pit BBQ
- Farm to Charm
- Snake Hill
- Big Softy
- Pinch Dumplings
- B’More Corn
- Paradise Island
- Stall 11
- Greek on the Street
- Local Oyster
- Taharaka Brothers Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Co.
We strongly advise you to think twice about bringing your dog to the concerts. It’s a very crowded environment and pets may not enjoy it as much as you do.
Pets are not permitted in the VIP area. No exceptions.
A permit will be issued for all boats interested in viewing the First Thursday Concerts from the water directly in front of Canton Waterfront Park which begins 5/5 and continues every first Thursday of the month through September.
Boaters may purchase their permit per event by visiting Baltimore Recreation and Parks website (http://tinyurl.com/1stThursdayboatpermit) and follow the provided steps:
- Click on the side heading on the left side of page titled “Day permits”
- On the new page, expand the “Boating Permits” section
- Select the date for which you would like a permit and click register
- Customers will be prompted to sign-in
- Customers who have applied for permits or registered for a BCRP course in the past should login with their account information
- All other customers should create a new account
- Once a customer has signed in or created an account, he/she can add the permit to the cart and go through the check-out process
- Upon completion of check-out customers will be presented with a receipt confirmation and an attachment. The attachment is the actual Boating Permit. Customers can select “print attachment” and save the attachment to their phone or present a paper copy to Marine Police.
Boat Permits for First Thursdays Events are $20/event and will be enforced by the Marine Police. Boaters who are present at the event without a previously purchased permit will be able to use their smart phones to make payment which will instantly notify the marine police. Upon purchase, a permit will be issued via email.
Permits may be purchased in the Baltimore Recreation and Parks office, located at 3001 East Drive, Baltimore, MD 21217 or online at http://tinyurl.com/1stThursdayboatpermit .
Along with many benefits as a Leadership Donor, givings Clubs are allotted VIP passes to First Thursday Concerts. The number of passes depends on the level.
Call Amy Beth Hall, Director of Philanthropy, (410) 704-4088 to discuss which level works best for you! Visit wtmd.org for more information on Leadership Level giving and its benefits.
Backbeat Club Plus: 2 VIP Passes
Soundcheck Club: 2 VIP Passes
Back Stage Pass Club: 4 VIP Passes
All Access Club: 4 VIP Passes
Music Director’s Club: 6 VIP Passes
*Please note: Pets are not permitted in the VIP area at First Thursday concerts.
*WTMD also does monthly on-air giveaways of VIP passes to listeners and donates VIP packages to area non-profit organizations to support their fundraising events and auctions.