May 2: Mt. Joy, Raul Midón, Cautious Clay, Jah Works, Strykers’ Posse, Shangoband
June 6: The War & Treaty, Sunflower Bean, Eli Paperboy Reed, Tyler Ramsey, Ron Holloway Band, and Illiterate Light
July 11: Black Pumas, Super City, Soccer Mommy, Van Hunt, Los Coast, Old Eastern
Aug. 1: Strand of Oaks, Bailen, Steve Gunn, Dylan LeBlanc, The Seratones, and Susto
Sept. 5: Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Super City, Emily Wolfe, Hollis Brown, Devon Gillfillan, Reality Jones
WTMD’s First Thursdays
are made possible in part by
The park opens at 5:00pm and the music runs from 5:30pm to 10:30pm.
That’s incorrect. Our long-time partner Dooby’s will be selling beer, wine and cocktails during the shows. They will have five locations in the park so the lines will be short and move fast.
No coolers, outside alcohol, or glass containers are permitted.
- 83 South to President Street
- East on Fleet Street
- Bear Right onto Boston Street
- Exit 57 to Boston Street west
The Water Taxi runs to 11 pm during First Thursday seasons. However, Water Taxi service to Canton Waterfront Park ceases at 8pm.
The latest bus schedules along with any updates can also be found on MTA’s website through the following link:
We will have plenty of food vendors at each event, TBA.
We strongly advise you to think twice about bringing your dog to the concerts. It’s a very crowded environment and pets may not enjoy it as much as you do.
Pets are not permitted in the VIP area. No exceptions.
A permit will be issued for all boats interested in viewing the First Thursday Concerts from the water directly in front of Canton Waterfront Park which begins 5/5 and continues every first Thursday of the month through September.
Boaters may purchase their permit per event by visiting Baltimore Recreation and Parks website (http://tinyurl.com/1stThursdayboatpermit) and follow the provided steps:
- Click on the side heading on the left side of page titled “Day permits”
- On the new page, expand the “Boating Permits” section
- Select the date for which you would like a permit and click register
- Customers will be prompted to sign-in
- Customers who have applied for permits or registered for a BCRP course in the past should login with their account information
- All other customers should create a new account
- Once a customer has signed in or created an account, he/she can add the permit to the cart and go through the check-out process
- Upon completion of check-out customers will be presented with a receipt confirmation and an attachment. The attachment is the actual Boating Permit. Customers can select “print attachment” and save the attachment to their phone or present a paper copy to Marine Police.
Boat Permits for First Thursdays Events are $20/event and will be enforced by the Marine Police. Boaters who are present at the event without a previously purchased permit will be able to use their smart phones to make payment which will instantly notify the marine police. Upon purchase, a permit will be issued via email.
Permits may be purchased in the Baltimore Recreation and Parks office, located at 3001 East Drive, Baltimore, MD 21217 or online at http://tinyurl.com/1stThursdayboatpermit .
Leadership Level donation benefits include VIP passes to our First Thursday Festival season. Call or email Kristin Laporte, Director of Membership, to discuss which level works best for you!
Producer ($1200 – $2399): 2 VIP Passes
Executive Producer ($2400 – $4999): 4 VIP Passes
All Access ($5000+): 4 VIP Passes
*The names of our Leadership Donor levels have changed and been streamlined. Backbeat, Backbeat+ and Soundcheck all fall under “Producer”. Backstage is now “Executive Producer”. All Access is the same.
*Please note: Pets are not permitted in the VIP area at First Thursday concert
For First Thursday Festival inquiries, including vendors, media, volunteers and VIP access, please email FirstThursdays@wtmd.org.